+ “What’s that one over there?”
– “Oh, that’s just my empty box.”
+ “No, no. You must be mistaken.
Isn’t this one here your empty box?”
– “Well, yes, it is. But that one over there is empty, too.
And this one here, my empty box, is now filled to the brim, you see.”
+ “But how could that be, if it is indeed your empty box?”
– “I cannot stop; I always think. Every time I breathe, they take my breath away!”
+ “But how could they fill something made to hold only nothing in your mind!?”
– “I cannot quite say, but somehow these two boxes are now the same.”
+ “What do you mean?”
– “Don’t you see it just like me?
If I open up my old box, the one that’s labeled NOTHING,
it’s now filled up to the brim with all these thoughts and haunting me.
And if I open up the other one, the one now holding nothing,
I know exactly which walls I am within.”
+ “So, the box that’s meant for nothing is now filled up to the brim
with everything that you’ve ever held inside the other?
And the old, now empty box, holds nothing but it’s scent?”
– “Yes, that is it! And because of that, I cannot escape
to an empty place where there is nothing!
Wherever I am, these things, or thoughts of them, are there.
I cannot stop; I always think. Every time I breathe, they take my breath away!”